“This is the kind of thing that will help make HD Radio better for listeners, car dealers, and the industry in general, by eliminating blending problems…” – Paul Shullins, Greater Media Boston.
Inovonics’ JUSTIN 808 maintains time alignment between analog FM and HD1 channels to within 23 microseconds (±1 sample). The JUSTIN 808 only makes it’s time-alignment adjustments to the HD1 channel leaving the critical FM transmission untouched – an important distinction when choosing a time-alignment processor.
No more lost words, stuttering, echoes, or level shifts. The entire sync process is 100% automatic, and the JUSTIN’s Web interface features SNMP support and dispatches e-mail and SMS alarm messages.
- Precise time alignment between analog FM and HD1
- Automatic phase correction and RMS gain leveling
- Insert in either the FM or HD Radio AES digital feed
- Full Web interface for remote control, metering, etc.
- SMS/email alarms for loss of signal and loss of audio
- Extensive data logging with graphic display
- Auto failover with relay bypass
- 75-ohm ‘F’ connector. Receiver tunes 87.5 to 107.9MHz in 200kHz steps. An RF input level of 20dBμV or more assures reliable operation.
- AES Digital Audio I/O:AES3 (XLR) digital audio loop-through; 44.1kHz sampling rate
- Network Interface: LAN (RJ45) connection to local network and through user’s router to Internet for full Web Interface remote control and monitoring.
PLACEMENT IN AIRCHAIN
In HD Radio AES Audio Feed:
- Placed in line with the AES audio feed to the HD Radio exciter, the JUSTIN 808 will automatically correct diversity delay errors and r.m.s. level errors between the FM and HD1 programs
In Analog FM AES Audio Feed:
- Placed in line with the AES audio feed to the analog FM stereo encoder, the JUSTIN 808 is capable of providing the entire diversity delay, if required. It will automatically correct diversity delay errors, but cannot normalize r.m.s. level errors between the two programs.
- Corrects to ±1 sample (±23 μs)
Maximum Delay Error Correction:
- 16 seconds
Time Required to Correlate Delay Errors:
- Small delay errors (up to 0.4 seconds) require up to 30 seconds to correlate; delay errors of 10 seconds could require as much as 3.5 minutes.
Time Required to Correct Delay Errors:
- Correction rate is user-programmable between 1 and 1000 samples per second (23μs/sec to 23ms/sec).
“Catch-Up” Button Feature:
- A front-panel menu item, also accessible via the Web Interface, permits a manual time alignment quick reset to a previous long-term mean value. This obviates correlation acquisition and brings time alignment close to the required figure.
AUDIO LEVEL & PHASE CORRECTION
The JUSTIN 808 offers automatic program phase correction when a phase reversal is sensed between the analog FM and digital HD1 program channels. R.M.S. level correction is also available when the JUSTIN 808 is placed in the AES digital audio feed to the HD Radio exciter.
ALARMS AND LOGGING
1. RSSI (Low RF signal)
2. Audio Loss or Levels Out of Range
- a. AES Loop-Through
- b. Off-air FM Audio
- c. Off-air HD1 Audio
3. Out of Alignment Range (user preset)
1. Front-panel OLED display
2. Rear-panel ground-closure ‘tallies’ with selectable logic polarity
3. SMS-text/email notifications via SMTP
4. JUSTIN 808 Webpage indication
All alarms are logged by the JUSTIN 808; statistics are presented graphically via the Web Interface and may be downloaded for follow-up study.
The JUSTIN 808 Web Interface is compatible with desktop/laptop computers, tablets and smart phones, and supports SNMP with a downloadable MIB file. All functions available at the front panel are duplicated by the Web Interface.
- 105 – 130VAC or 210 – 260VAC, 50/60Hz; 20 watts
Size and Weight:
- 1¾”H x 19”W x 9”D (1U); 10 lbs. (shipping weight)
- 0°C – 50°C operating temperature range; 95% noncondensing relative humidity; up to 3000 meters AMSL